Re: If I zero-out everyones score, will their statuses change?

Joanna_Witkows1
Level 1

If I zero-out everyones score, will their statuses change?

Our current lead score model has been running once every hour and over-scoring people, so we want to pause behavioral scoring, zero out everyone's scores, input new scoring tokens, and then backfill the scores for the past 90 days. If I zero out the scores, will that automatically change people's statuses? For example, will someone who MQLed because they once met the point threshold to MQL suddenly be removed from the MQL stage? #leadscoring #leads scoring

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, there's no automatic "undo" like that  unless you have specifically built SCs to do so.

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

It would depend on how your lead lifecycle program is reacting to the lead scores.  To be safe, I'd turn off your lead lifecycle triggers while you conduct your rescoring exercise.  

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

You are at risk of triggering smart campaigns that reference score changes. This is, like Chris mentions, dependent on how your specific lifecycle processing is set up - but there may be others as well. Check the Campaign Inspector to see where that filter may be in use in your instance.