SOLVED

Re: Identifying Unknown/Legacy Lead Sources

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Identifying Unknown/Legacy Lead Sources

Does anyone have a good strategy for dealing with legacy leads with unknown acquisition sources?

My database contains thousands of leads that were acquired years ago before I got here. Some of them are still engaging with us, but no acquisition/lead source was every identified. Does anyone have a strategy as to how you deal with these types of leads when reporting on them?

Perhaps attributing them to the first campaign that you can be certain they participated in (even if it wasn't the original source), or simply tagging them with "Lead Source Unknown".

As I work to improve our reports, this is something I am struggling with because the percentage of our database with unknown lead sources is significant.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you are confident you can identify something close to the original source, then you can try to use that. Usually I end up putting "Other" or "Unknown" when I cannot be source the FT is correct with enough certainty. Do not try to create sources when you aren't sure because the data will be skewed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you are confident you can identify something close to the original source, then you can try to use that. Usually I end up putting "Other" or "Unknown" when I cannot be source the FT is correct with enough certainty. Do not try to create sources when you aren't sure because the data will be skewed.