SOLVED

Re: identifying unengaged records in database

Go to solution
stacenic
Level 3

identifying unengaged records in database

Hi All!

I am having some trouble creating a smart list of all of the unengaged records in our database. The primary filter I am using is this one: 

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 1.52.46 PM.png

The issue, is that when I do a deep dive into some of my programs, I am noticing that if a person was not marked as "responded" for at least 1 program, they are eligible for my smart list, meaning they could've been marked as responded for 10 out of 11 campaign, but that 1 campaign puts them in my list. I want to look at records who have been in all of our campaigns, but have not be marked as "responded" for all of them. Meaning no matter which campaign we have put them in, they haven't engaged with us. Anything I am missing with my filtering? Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

This filter will give you all people who are "unengaged" in at least one program rather than in all programs. I do believe it should work if you reverse the logic, so:

• Member of Program equals false
  • Program is any
  • Program status is (rather than is not) your success statuses

This translates into all the people that have not "responded" to any program they are member of.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Katja_Keesom

This filter will give you all people who are "unengaged" in at least one program rather than in all programs. I do believe it should work if you reverse the logic, so:

• Member of Program equals false
  • Program is any
  • Program status is (rather than is not) your success statuses

This translates into all the people that have not "responded" to any program they are member of.

stacenic
Level 3

Hi! Thanks for the input! 

How does the reverse logic work if the smart list will now look for people NOT in the program if they are in fact members but just did not reach our "success" statuses? I'm not seeing how this will work 

Katja_Keesom

The filter is they are NOT in the program WITH a success status, so they can be in the program WITHOUT a success status. So your outcome will give all people who are not in any program at all or are in programs where they did not reach success. If you only want the people who are actually a member of at least one program but did not engage, you can add that as a second filter simply stating Member of Program is true (any program).

stacenic
Level 3

Ah yes I see that now. So this will take into account people who have never engaged with us, not just they haven't engaged with us once? I want to be sure we don't run into the issue of if they have one program (out of several they are members of) that qualifies them, they are automatically counted as never engaged. This is the issue we ran into with my original filtering. 

So the new logic would be

1 and 2

1. Member of program is false, program is any, program status is (all of our success statuses) 

2. Member of program is true, program is any 

This will only count people who have in fact been members of programs, but take into account we want to only see records who have been unengaged across all the programs they have been members of 

Katja_Keesom

Indeed, that's the one.

stacenic
Level 3

Thank you so much for your help! Marketo support was not helpful at all