SOLVED

Identifying program specific MQL

Go to solution
SyedHasan
Level 2

Identifying program specific MQL

Hi, I have 2 queries regarding the MQL(s) identification.

• As of now, the model we are utilizing provides the MQL based on an overall engagement of the contact. However, I am trying to figure out how to identify the MQL(s) based on a particular program or campaign. Is it possible to do this? If yes, please explain the method.
  • I tried to find some of MQL(s) alternatives. Instead of identifying the program specific MQL, I am looking for the valuable contacts. Like contacts who filled the form, attended the event, performed the required action. Let me know if my approach is correct or not.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Identifying program specific MQL

Do you have a setup to update the Progression steps in your program build? The best way to identify the level of engagement of people for a program is by using the progression steps. You can use the program statuses to indicate whether a person attended an event, filled out a form, etc, i.e., the level of their engagement at an individual program level. For your 2nd query, you can use the activity filters, like Filled out Form, Changed Progression Status to Attended (assuming you're updating the correct program status when a person attends an event), etc., across more than just one asset/program (set the Asset/Program Name constraint in the filter to a more generic value rather than selecting a specific program). If you're tech-savvy, you can also use Marketo's activities API to extract the data using API and do all sorts of things from visualizing in excel to any data analytics platform. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Do you have a setup to update the Progression steps in your program build? The best way to identify the level of engagement of people for a program is by using the progression steps. You can use the program statuses to indicate whether a person attended an event, filled out a form, etc, i.e., the level of their engagement at an individual program level. For your 2nd query, you can use the activity filters, like Filled out Form, Changed Progression Status to Attended (assuming you're updating the correct program status when a person attends an event), etc., across more than just one asset/program (set the Asset/Program Name constraint in the filter to a more generic value rather than selecting a specific program). If you're tech-savvy, you can also use Marketo's activities API to extract the data using API and do all sorts of things from visualizing in excel to any data analytics platform. 🙂

mfoulke
Level 2

Hi @SyedHasan 

A couple of follow-up questions to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. 

Are you trying to understand what program/campaign triggered the MQL? If so this would require capturing the program/campaign membership date that occurred more recently BEFORE the MQL date.

1. Are you capturing the MQL-generated date?
  2. Are you hoping to use Marketo to pull this information or are you passing the engagement + MQL data to another system (like SF) that you are reporting out of? This will help identify the best way to provide reporting insights for your question.

Similar to what @Darshil_Shah1 had posted the activity filters would support the second question/approach that you wrote.

Katja_Keesom

Attribution is an art form in itself, so your questions are quite broad.

When it comes to understanding within a program which members engaged best I fully concur with Darshil's suggestions to always use program statuses to track progression through the program.

As multiple programs can contribute to someone becoming an MQL, you would need a bit of housekeeping to capture at least first and last touch programs. First touch you can capture by always assigning the correct acquisition program. For last touch, I like stamping the most recent interaction date/time and program every time a valuable engagement happens. You could also copy that program across to a "last touch before MQL" field at the time a person becomes MQL.

It helps to create a standardized program set up for each type of campaign that users can clone to make sure these steps are always followed correctly.