SOLVED

Re: Identify All Free Domains in Instance

Go to solution
madeline1
Level 1

Identify All Free Domains in Instance

How do I add all the free domains that are already in my system to a list that I can suppress via a smart campaign? I know I can create a smart list with emails that contain @freedomain but there would be thousands of values to match against. Just wondering if there is a better way. I also have a field with the domain name as it's own field if that helps. 

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How do I add all the free domains that are already in my system to a list that I can suppress via a smart campaign? I know I can create a smart list with emails that contain @freedomain but there would be thousands of values to match against. Just wondering if there is a better way. I also have a field with the domain name as it's own field if that helps. 

Like Darshil says, use the field with just the domain name as you can then use the [is] operator.

But I question why you’d only care about “free domains that are already in my system.” Your list of freemail/disposable domains shouldn’t come only from what you’ve got in your database. It should be prepared for future leads as well. The canonical lists are hosted by the freemail/data project.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, the exact match is operator is better and faster than contains operator - if you have a field that stores the email domains specifically and it is guaranteed that the actual domain in email address is same as the value in the domain field you can reference the domain field for filtering people with free-domains email addresses in the campaign’s SL and add them to the suppression list in the campaign flow.

Also, do you plan to run this campaign on a daily, weekly, etc. basis to ensure that the suppression remains up-to date as new people with free-domain address enters the system?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like Darshil says, use the field with just the domain name as you can then use the [is] operator.

But I question why you’d only care about “free domains that are already in my system.” Your list of freemail/disposable domains shouldn’t come only from what you’ve got in your database. It should be prepared for future leads as well. The canonical lists are hosted by the freemail/data project.