SOLVED

Re: .ics file token problem

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

.ics file token problem

I've created a .ics file token using the .ics token creator, and I'm trying to add tokens into the description. 

0EM50000000Sdum.jpg

The token is being carried through to the "thank you for registering" email and landing page just fine, but the tokens within the description of the .ics token are not being rendered properly. 

When I register for the event and look at the open the .ics fil linked to in the email, the tokens still show up as the name of the token, not the token's content. I threw a bunch of tokens into the description to check if it was just a problem with the particular token I was trying to use, but none of the tokens are working. 

0EM50000000Sdur.jpg

I've looked at other discussions here, but they aren't poinging me towards any solution. It seems to me that I'm doing everything right, but something must be going wrong since the tokens aren't working within the description of the .ics file. 

Has anyone else had this experience and found a solution? Is there some obvious thing that I'm just missing?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The tokens do not populate on Send Sample. You need to run a real campaign (live test) to yourself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

are all your assets located in same program as your tokens? I run into same issue when not all assets or triggers where located in same program
have you run test with "send me a sample email" or are you created a test campaign? I would suggest you tried latter...

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The tokens do not populate on Send Sample. You need to run a real campaign (live test) to yourself.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback! I set up a new campaign to test with and tested everything again, making sure not to just "send sample". It works now!