SOLVED

I want to edit the fields that sync to Marketo from SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to edit the fields that sync to Marketo from SFDC

I inherited a Marketo instance that could use some major optimizations in the fields syncing to Salesforce. I researched endlessly and ended on this article which seems to say that once the two systems are syncing, there isn't a way to add new fields to be synced. Is this true? This seems like a fairly common occurrence as businesses sophisticate their processes.

Please advise on any solutions to this problem, or if breaking the syncing and re-routing the leads would cause issues.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Re: I want to edit the fields that sync to Marketo from SFDC

Jackie, this is correct. Once the initial mapping has been done, it can no longer be modified by a user. But Support can do this for you on the back end.

So you'll need to open a Support ticket to have them modify your existing SFDC field mappings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That is not true. You can totally create new fields.
  1. Create fields in SFDC - be sure to map them Lead-Contact. Some folks say you should pause the Sync before you do this. 
  2. Marketo will see the new field mappings.

Now, if you have EXISTING fields you want to make edits to, that can cause other issues
  • contact Support to map orphan fields on different record types. the field needs to be Unused across marketo.
  • picklists - change these any time, but it will warn you to update your forms.
  • multi select - try to avoid.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response, but I think we might be talkinga bout two different things...let me try to rephrase:

Right now when I look at the SFDC-Marketo field mapping in the Marketo Admin section, I can see a bunch of fields in the "Unmapped Fields" folder...many of which I would like to be syncing to Salesforce. How do I go about moving these from the "Unmapped Fields" folder to the "Mapped Fields" folder?

It looks like most, if not all, of these fields that I want to map were originally created in Salesforce. The problem isn't creating new fields, but instead taking what is currently existing and "flipping the switch" for their values to begin syncing to Salesforce.

The link I included in the initial question seems to be saying that I can't add new fields to be synced once the initial synch is started.
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Jackie, this is correct. Once the initial mapping has been done, it can no longer be modified by a user. But Support can do this for you on the back end.

So you'll need to open a Support ticket to have them modify your existing SFDC field mappings.