SOLVED

Re: HTML vs Text Email Results

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

HTML vs Text Email Results

Hi there.

Does anyone know if I can run a report to show me the results of an email - HTML vs text? Who recieved the text only version, clicks, open rates etc...

Thanks,
Hannah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hannah,

No, there is no report in Marketo for that. What Josh detailed was testing a design that requires HTML vs a design that doesn't... different issue.

Your best option... put a different URL for your LP in the text version of the email than in the HTML version. It doesnt matter how the two URLs differ, but here's an example:

• webpage.html
  • webpage-t.html

At least you'll be able to track clicks, but to my knowledge, you won't be able to track opens due to how opens are tracked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can run an AB test to send an HTML only and a Text only email. There are several documents on how to do this here and on my blog:
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/how-to-run-ab-email-tests-in-marketo-505/

essentially 2 emails, then the flow step is:

Send Email
Choice 1: Random Sample IS 50%
Send Email HTML
Choice 2: Random Sample IS 50%
Send Email TEXT
Default: nothing
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hannah,

No, there is no report in Marketo for that. What Josh detailed was testing a design that requires HTML vs a design that doesn't... different issue.

Your best option... put a different URL for your LP in the text version of the email than in the HTML version. It doesnt matter how the two URLs differ, but here's an example:

• webpage.html
  • webpage-t.html

At least you'll be able to track clicks, but to my knowledge, you won't be able to track opens due to how opens are tracked.