SOLVED

Re: How would you suggest we build our nurture

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would you suggest we build our nurture

This nurture is focused on leads that are not yet engaged with our ISR/Sales Team - All prospects. We are tagging leads based on their explicit or implicit content interest and want to place them into a stream based on that interest. If no interest is identified we would place them into a general content stream to infer interest.

Here's where it get's tricky. We have a subscription center where they can choose more than one area of interest. We'd like to serve them content based on this.

Option 1:

- We develop a single engagement program where each stream is the following

a. General flow

b. Everything of everything (ie. they checked 4 boxes and want a ton of information

c. A single topic

d. A mix of two topics

Benefit: Everything is in one place, they can only be in one stream

Downside: There are a lot of moving pieces in there - could this slow the system?

Option 2:

- We develop separate engagement programs for each topic and allow a lead to be in multiple engagements

Benefits: easier to manage, simplified reporting by engagement for topic

Downside: they might be over communicated to or if they reach communication limits they might never receive information on a specific piece of content of interest.

I'm curious if there is another option, if anyone has done this before and has thoughts on how to make this best work, and/or if there are any issues with reporting that I'm not thinking of.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelley Sandoval​ email subscriptions make things super tricky!

Sounds like you may want to have a different engagement program for each topic. Do you have lots of content for each topic? We make sure that our different nurtures go out on different days. You could also stagger your topic cadences to every other week, to allow for more breathing room for each topic.

Are you looking to use engagement streams for all of your email subscription options? As general practice, it's usually better to keep events/webinar invites out of nurture, since they are one-off emails.

I would also consider keeping all members who didn't explicitly choose what topics they liked in the Discovery nurture for as long as possible. Then that will be easier to manage, since most people will be there. Then you can have the Discovery/Inferred be all types of topics, and it will be easier to track the engagement success.

let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelley Sandoval​ email subscriptions make things super tricky!

Sounds like you may want to have a different engagement program for each topic. Do you have lots of content for each topic? We make sure that our different nurtures go out on different days. You could also stagger your topic cadences to every other week, to allow for more breathing room for each topic.

Are you looking to use engagement streams for all of your email subscription options? As general practice, it's usually better to keep events/webinar invites out of nurture, since they are one-off emails.

I would also consider keeping all members who didn't explicitly choose what topics they liked in the Discovery nurture for as long as possible. Then that will be easier to manage, since most people will be there. Then you can have the Discovery/Inferred be all types of topics, and it will be easier to track the engagement success.

let me know if this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Allison,

That is helpful. Do you lose any reporting this way? How do you manage it if you have one-off emails that ruin the prioritization you've set by having emails send on different days?

Regards,

Kelley

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Allison.

In general, i would not rely on the subscription center to drive nurturing, but rather to permit it.

Event emails should be dropped in as Programs or as content that is restricted to certain days...although this depends on how you are inviting people to events too.

If you know the schedule of Nurture Cadences, you should be able to schedule One offs properly. That's what the Marketing calendar is for!

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I think Allison has the right idea and Josh brings up some good points.

If I was you, I'd go (normally hedge towards) option 1 only because I also freak out about over-emailing and limiting people to one stream is helpful. I think a lot of this decision has to be based upon how many emails you generally send, and taking into account last minute emails. If you're not sending too many emails, multiple engagement streams should work. But if you're sending out a lot of one-off emails (events, webinars, etc) and pushing content out, then your initial plan may work better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been helpful. My next step is to build out a diagram with my team internally to show what we want all the triggers and flows to be. I'm hoping once we create that the answer will become clearer for us as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to share your diagram with the community and get their feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

Here's our flow diagram:

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 5.21.28 PM.png