SOLVED

Re: How to view bounce reasons per campaign

Go to solution
Julz_James
Level 10

How to view bounce reasons per campaign

Hi,

I'm trying to view the reason the emails bounced in a certain campaign.  Is this possible in bulk rather than having to check each email?

Thanks

Juli
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes.

Create a Smart List:
Email Bounced IS X

Then in the View of the Leads, create a new View "Email Deliverability" that has Email Bounced Reasons listed. There are several fields that I recommend:
  • Email Invalid
  • Unsubscribed
  • Email Invalid Reason
  • Email Suspended
  • Email Suspended Reason
  • Bounced Reason (or something like that)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes.

Create a Smart List:
Email Bounced IS X

Then in the View of the Leads, create a new View "Email Deliverability" that has Email Bounced Reasons listed. There are several fields that I recommend:
  • Email Invalid
  • Unsubscribed
  • Email Invalid Reason
  • Email Suspended
  • Email Suspended Reason
  • Bounced Reason (or something like that)
Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

Hi Josh, I'm trying to get my customer some data so she can figure out why they're getting so many hard bounces. I created a smart list in the program looking for "Email Bounced." I see 56 hard bounces, and when I click on each lead I can drill into the reason for each. So I tried showing the "bounced reason" column in my view, but it doesn't populate at all. I refreshed the report, to no avail. Is there some trick to getting that column to show the bounce reason for each lead, do you know?

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Juli,

The best way to handle analysis like this is to actually run smart lists where you split the bounces by category and/or subcategory. Granted, I've seen a rise in X999 errors (which are basically the email server telling you they don't want to give information on why something bounced) but this is a decent measurement for most companies. Kristen Carmean actually did a brief writeup on this very issue earlier this year.