SOLVED

Re: How to track Unsubscribes using original unsubscribe fields

Go to solution
sawako_neko
Level 2

How to track Unsubscribes using original unsubscribe fields

Hello, this is my first time posting, so I'm not sure if this location("Product Discussion") is appropriate.

Please tell me if it's not.

Using an original unsubscribe form, I have problem tracking in reporting.

I read the article below, and checked out that I have problem in step 3. (step 1 and 2 was alright.)

Unsubscribes Not Tracking in Reporting - Marketing Nation 

I am using 3 fields instead of the default "Unsubscribe" field.

The unsubscribe page looks like this:

----

1. Mail about product A:

subscribe/unsubscribe

2. Mail about product B:

subscribe/unsubscribe

3. Mail about product C:

subscribe/unsubscribe

----

After the user submitted this form, my Smart Campaign will turn the default "Unsubscribed" field to TRUE, only if the user unsubscribed from all the three products.

In this way, I can make users receive mails only about the product he/she is interested in.

If I use the default "Unsubscribed" field, he/she will never receive any mail, so I wanted to avoid that.

I would really appreciate if someone knows how to track this kind of unsubscribing after sending email.

I want to make this trigger another Smart Campaign in any way, and change the program member status to "unsubscribed".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@sawako_neko wrote:

Thank you so much Darshil!!

May I ask what does "apt filters" mean?

(Sorry if it is a beginner question...)

I meant appropriate filters, that'd mean choosing the right product specific unsusbcribed filters in the SL. You can choose to create seperate SLs for each product specific custom unsub field if you wish so.

According to your advice, I made a  Smart list like this.

Is this what you intended?

スクリーンショット 2022-06-10 21.14.04.png

I think you should choose the Data Value Changed filter for the product specific unsub field for which you're trying to query the data for instead of the system Unsubscribed field, unles you want to look at the people who unsubscribed from all the 3 product mailings (as that'd set the Unsubscribed field to True by the SC, as mentioned by you in the post).

if you want to look at the people who have at least one of the product specific unsubscribed field set to TRUE from the preference center form fill out, then instead of the filter #3 in your existing SL setup, you can use the three 'OR'ed Data Value Changed filters in your SL and add the apt filter constraints as per the below snapshot.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1654867566619.png

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654867576051.png

It's worth mentioning that the change data value activities are rentained only for the period of 90 days from the date of activity, i.e., you'd not be able to look at Unsubscribed change data value activities that are older than 90 days. Let us know if you've any questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

One way you can visualize this is via a SL with apt filters added in the SL to filter-in people with following activities:

1. Clicked preference center link in Email, and

2. Data value changed on any of the custom unsubscribe fields due to form fill-out, and

3. Filled out preference center form

You can also use the Email Link Performance report with the above filters if you aren't using the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} token or email preference center default email footer in emails, as the click activities on those are filtered-out by the report. However, if the email has a link to the unsubscribe page hard-coded in the email (or template) HTML, Marketo will see it as a simple link, like any other link, and will include it in reporting as a Click Link activity.

sawako_neko
Level 2

Darshil_Shah1

@sawako_neko wrote:

I meant appropriate filters, that'd mean choosing the right product specific unsusbcribed filters in the SL. You can choose to create seperate SLs for each product specific custom unsub field if you wish so.

I think you should choose the Data Value Changed filter for the product specific unsub field for which you're trying to query the data for instead of the system Unsubscribed field, unles you want to look at the people who unsubscribed from all the 3 product mailings (as that'd set the Unsubscribed field to True by the SC, as mentioned by you in the post).

if you want to look at the people who have at least one of the product specific unsubscribed field set to TRUE from the preference center form fill out, then instead of the filter #3 in your existing SL setup, you can use the three 'OR'ed Data Value Changed filters in your SL and add the apt filter constraints as per the below snapshot.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1654867566619.png

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654867576051.png

It's worth mentioning that the change data value activities are rentained only for the period of 90 days from the date of activity, i.e., you'd not be able to look at Unsubscribed change data value activities that are older than 90 days. Let us know if you've any questions. 🙂

sawako_neko
Level 2

I didn't know the way of using "Reason" in "Data Value Change" filter, so it helped a lot.

It seems that now I can count how many people unsubscribed in the past 90 days.

I will continue planning this.

Thank you.

Darshil_Shah1

Great! You can browse through all the constraints available in different filters by clicking the "Add Constraint" in the top right of the filter.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1655115069168.png