SOLVED

How to track different button clicks

Go to solution
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

How to track different button clicks

If we had a pricing page with two different buttons, one for large and one for small companies, but they all went to the same page with the same form, how could we track what button a user clicked before submitting the form? 

Should we be adding on a utm via the button they click? Is there a better way to do this while still keeping the follow up page and form the same for both buttons? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to track different button clicks

In that case use utm_content. Marketo itself won’t distinguish between placements on the same page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

It’s always a good idea to change the UTM for different CTA placements, but that’s not necessary here.

You can just add a different id attribute to the links, then add the Link ID constraint to Click Email.

cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Thanks! 

I am actually wondering about purely a webpage and not the links from within an email. 

So a webpage with two buttons on it. Same landing page for both buttons and the same form on the landing page. So essentially both buttons go to the exact same place. I am wondering how on a personal level I can capture the information on what button they clicked on when they will be form-filling on the same page in the end. 

SanfordWhiteman

In that case use utm_content. Marketo itself won’t distinguish between placements on the same page.