SOLVED

Re: How to Test GDPR Form/Landing Page is Working?

Go to solution
Michael_Guanci
Level 2

How to Test GDPR Form/Landing Page is Working?

Hi Everyone,

Like most marketers, I am prepping for the May 25th deadline for GDPR.  Unlike a lot of you, I am lucky in that we only email/market to North America currently but do get some business/inquries outside of the US as well.  One of the things I am working on is updating our forms to have the GDPR checkbox come up based on the IP address or the Reachforce inferred/HQ country values.  However, I am unsure of how to test this on my end since my IP is based in the US.  We do not have a presence outside of the US so I can't send this out to colleagues in EU to help with testing. 

I was wondering if any others have run into this issue and if so know of any workarounds they have done to test the new form functionality for EU visitors.  Does Marketo offer any ability to test in different regions within the software?  Do you know of any software that would allow me to change my IP address to look like it is from a different country?  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Michael,

I would probably consider using a VPN service that will enable you to connect on the Internet from another country.

Otherwise, there is no such a built-in feature in Marketo

The alternative is to ask a couple of good friends living in the EU to test you pages

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Michael,

I would probably consider using a VPN service that will enable you to connect on the Internet from another country.

Otherwise, there is no such a built-in feature in Marketo

The alternative is to ask a couple of good friends living in the EU to test you pages

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I would agree with Gregoire. I have used Tunnel Bear VPN to test Marketo forms/landing pages before and it worked very well. You can select where you want to VPN in from, and it's free up to a certain usage amount as well.

Michael_Guanci
Level 2

Thank you Courtney and Gregoire for the feedback. I will check out Tunnel Bear and see if our IT team has any additional software apps I could use for this purpose.