SOLVED

Re: How to sync Marketo Segmentation to SFDC field

Go to solution
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

How to sync Marketo Segmentation to SFDC field

Does anyone know the best way to get Marketo segmentations added as fields on the contact records in SFDC? For normal fields, we'd create the field in SFDC, give our integration user permissions to read/write the field, then I'd build the various Marketo pieces to update that field as needed, but segmentations don't point to a specific field, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

...but segmentations don't point to a specific field, right?

Well, they do and they don't. In some very exotic integration scenarios, it's possible to extract the lead's segment as a string value. But for your purposes you're going to need to reproduce the segment membership another way, by triggering on segment changes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

...but segmentations don't point to a specific field, right?

Well, they do and they don't. In some very exotic integration scenarios, it's possible to extract the lead's segment as a string value. But for your purposes you're going to need to reproduce the segment membership another way, by triggering on segment changes.

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

That's what I kind of figured, but that seems so backwards to me...

So basically I'm going to setup a trigger campaign for segment value changes, flow step of change data value {{new field I have to create}} = {{new segment value}}, right?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Chris,

yes, this is it.

greg