SOLVED

Re: How to set the domain of the view as webpage token/link

Go to solution
Isabelle_Kaleka
Level 2

How to set the domain of the view as webpage token/link

I have multiple brands under one Marketo account. While I can select the brand I want for each email, and that changes the redirect links to the corresponding brand, the view in browser token {{system.viewAsWebpageLink}} goes to the default brand.

How do I go about changing this to go to another domain?

I've tried creating a snippet, but I don't know if I am making it correctly. In the snippet is the message, including the token, and adding a segmentation which is language and division. Is there something else I need to do, or some other way to direct where the view as webpage link goes to the brand/domain I want it to?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman

Unfortunately, though attempts have been made, it isn't possible to choose the domain. You could (using some interesting trickery in Velocity to inject JS into the View as Web Page view) switch the hostname immediately upon landing, but they would still see the original URL before the redirect.

Isabelle_Kaleka
Level 2

Hi, thanks for answering my question, hopefully Marketo implements some type of solution for this.

I was testing some different things out and the below seemed to work, but wondered if you've see this before.

For the view in browser link, I paste this in an a href:  pages.BRANDNAME.com/index.php/email/emailWebview

And once I sent the email, the link went to the correct domain, showing the email. Do you think this would be a solution, or would it break once I sent it out to all my customers, and using it for every email I sent out.

SanfordWhiteman

This would've been my immediate suggestion, but there was some (quite opaque) note from the engineering team recently that the mkt_tok generated for the {{system.token}} contains information that cannot be replicated via any other method. So it's unfortunately not trustworthy across all use cases to just point to /emailWebView under the chosen domain.

Wait for the blog post and you'll see the more trustworthy way (which still uses the {{system.token}} as the underlying value).

Isabelle_Kaleka
Level 2

That would be great, I look forward to reading your blog post about a more trustworthy way. Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Isabelle_Kaleka
Level 2

Thank you so much, I've just tried this and it worked exactly as you said.

McMichen
Level 1

@Sandy is this blog post still available somewhere?  It appears that the nation user group blogs were moved.

Nevermind.  I just needed to join the group. 🤕

SanfordWhiteman

Wait hold on, I just found a new, new, NEW hack that works. Will at to th' blog and link here.

Miguel_Board1
Level 2

Hi Sandy,

I have found sudden interest in this thread, as I need to be able to do the same thing. Is there an updated workaround on this subject?