Re: How to send event email to leads linked to a Marketo campaign in salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to send event email to leads linked to a Marketo campaign in salesforce

I have set up an Event Program in Marketo and have created all the email assets.

Our Marketo is synced with Salesforce and specific leads in Salesforce have been assigned to the campaign (event program).

What I can't figure out how to send the initial email to these leads.

When I select the event in Marketo, all the assigned leads are visible under the members tab.

I have set up a smart list to send email to 'members of the program', but those members do not appear under the leads tab in the smart list.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Or is this not possible do I need to export the list from salesforce and import it into Marketo?

5 REPLIES 5
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Kellie,

Please don't export and import these lists. The native sync between Marketo and Salesforce has already run and the lead are already in your event program.

You've set up everything correctly. What you're missing is the way a Smart Campaign works. If I'm not mistaken, leads will only show up as Campaign Members once the campaign has run. If you switch to the 'Schedule' tab of the Smart Campaign you will see how many leads it will affect after the 'Smart Campaign Status' just above the 'Smart Campaign Settings' block.

Remember that in order to send an email you need to use a Smart Campaign with the criteria in the Smart List and the actions in the Flow steps. Once it's run you'll be able to see the results (campaign members) for the Smart Campaign.

Let me know if this works for you?

Stijn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks this was helpful.

I have managed to get the smart list set up.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need to use a smart campaign to send the invitation. Because you pushed the SFDC records to an SFDC Campaign that was synced to a Program, those leads are Members, but they haven't done anything, so they don't have a real status like Invited or Registered.

Your campaign should look like:

Member of Program is TRUE, Status=Member (Or you can use Member of SFDC Campaign)

Flow: Send Email

Change Status=Invited

then make sure your Registration flow is listening for the form fill:

Smart Trigger: Fills Out Form X on Page Y

Flow: Change Status=Registered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks this helped heaps

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to set up with the suggested smart lists and on the event program tab it lists the correct number of leads that I would like to send it to.

But when I go to the Campaign where I have the smart list of members set up it says there are 0 leads and when I run the campaign it sends to no one.