Re: How to rerun an email program without cloning

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

How to rerun an email program without cloning

Hi all,

I created an email program to send a weekly update to our subscribed leads. I sent out the first e-mail today.

Now I want to edit the email and set up the program for next week's run, however, the email program tells me that it has already run.

How can I reuse the email program without making a clone for every weekly update?

Or would there be a better way to set up a program that can send out a weekly e-mail to a specific smart list? (It would be vital that the content of the email is editable at any time).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Tom

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't do that with the Email program type itself. You can do that if you build a Default program type to send the email. However, you should consider the benefits of having a separate program and email, which is that you'll be able to get better reporting. When you resend the same exact email asset, even if you made changes to it, all the reporting is summed up on one line in the email performance report, which is really not ideal.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Absolutely agree with Kristen.

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Thanks a lot for your help Kristen. I did not consider the fact that all the reporting will be summed up on one line in the performance report.

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

I created a separate program and email for my weekly updates. However, I am wondering if I should also create a new campaign (to send the email) for every weekly update, or if it would okay to constantly edit one single campaign?

Thanks again for your help!

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Tom,  Kristen is totally right You could add tokens to the email program, clone it and use tokens to update the email - that makes editing the email that much quicker. Here is a great article Marketo Tokens: Ins and Outs on how to use tokens in assets.

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Thanks Alex! I will definitely check out the article.