SOLVED

Re: How to remove the mkt_tok query parameter added to the end of my CTA Button URL?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to remove the mkt_tok query parameter added to the end of my CTA Button URL?

This worked perfectly, thank you very much for your help.

marija_Milanova
Level 2

Hi JD,

I tried to do the same just now, but I don't see it in the email. What I have done in the template is:

Pasted this in the header:

<meta class="mktoBoolean" id="mktNoTok" mktoName="Disable Marketo Token?" default="false" false_value="" true_value="mktNoTok" false_value_name="NO" true_value_name="YES" mktoModuleScope="true">

and this just before the closing body tag </body>

<a class="${mktNoTok}" href="xyz.com>Link</a>

pastedImage_0.png

I'm not good with html. I'd appreciate some help on this

Thanks in advance

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Was your module already in your email asset when you updated your template? You might need to remove the module and add it again to get it to bring over the updated code. I also found a typo in my code where the href tag didn't have a closing quote -- you'll need to add that as well.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Why, exactly, are you turning off tracking for all leads?

marija_Milanova
Level 2

we are a bit of a complicated company... Our CRM and Marketo are not integrated yet. Sales team has been adding leads to the CRM they have been talking to, but since the company is German, sending a newsletter or any type of marketing email is not legal since we never received the consent from them. This comes together with the GDPR, and Germany is going beyond the GDPR.

So far, the way it has been done is Sales send emails one by one from outlook - which is a looot of manual work. Sending emails from outlook are not tracked, we can't see neither open rates, nor clicks.

If we go with Marketo (we will import a list of leads and use tokens for the sender so it looks as it comes from the sales guys) and send this one time email, the open rates and the clicks will be tracked, and we need to make the leads aware that this is the case.

Germany is very strict when it comes to this, but the company I work at is even more strict and I don't want to get in trouble. Maybe legal team doesn't really understand the point, but I can't argue with them. I hope this explains the reasoning why I would like to disable the tracking.

SanfordWhiteman

Sounds like no-tracking is secondary to the fact that you're sending email to them at all without consent.

I suppose no-tracking the email shows an effort toward not retaining their data.

But if you want to no-track all your emails there's no reason to have anything be a variable. You should add class="mktNoTrack" (not mktNoTok) to all your links, all the time.

marija_Milanova
Level 2

I will do this later today. I will cone the Master email template that we have and add class="mktNoTrack"

I will test it again, but I'm sure I will come up with more questions.

Do I need to have the meta as well?

SanfordWhiteman

No meta tag will be used here.

marija_Milanova
Level 2

I added class="mktNoTrack" in front of all href's however in the lead details I still see Clicked Link in Email. Am I doing something wrong?

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

Is the link being rewritten to your branding domain? It shouldn't be with the special class added.

Pls show the source of a received email (View Original mode in Gmail, View Source in Outlook, or comparable feature in other clients).