Re: how to remove by job title/function from a smart list

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please paste the smart list criteria here.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Job title contains:

Chief

"CIO"

"CEO"

"CTO"

"CFO"

"COO"

"CMO"

"CISO"

But this fails to pick up many leads with job titles that contain these terms. I have the same problem with a list for VPs. It pulls some leads but not all of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. I meant can you take a screen shot of Marketo smart list criteria and paste here.

And also a screenshot of a lead that was not correctly picked up

Rajesh

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

As Rajesh suggested, could you take a screenshot of the smart list (Including the logic), so that we can try to figure out if maybe something is set up incorrectly there? Also an example of records not being caught is helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Here are the screenshots (smartlist logic and then leads that were not included in the smartlist). The logic worked on SOME leads, but not ALL leads matching the criteria.

Any help is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 3.10.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-17 at 3.11.20 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recreated this smartlist on my dev server and I did not find any issues with the leads and job titles it returned.

Is the column you shown indeed 'Job Title'. Sorry just want to confirm.

There does not seem to be any issue with the smartlist.

To further debug, I would need to play with your smart list on your instance. But you might want to check with Marketo support.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajesh,

All the leads that ended up in the smartlist are correct. It's the fact that many leads that should have been pulled in and were not (that's what the screenshot of job titles (yes, that is the correct column) is) that is the issue.

thanks

Katrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see.

But that makes sense.

SVP, IT

and

VP, eCommerce

and

Project Services

etc job titles will not make as there is no "Chief" "CIO" "CEO" "CTO" "CFO" "COO" "CMO" "CISO" etc words

in those titles. You are only accepting titles with these words.

May be you should add "VP" (and any other) to your titles in addition to Chief "CIO" "CEO" "CTO" "CFO" "COO" "CMO" "CISO"?

Rajesh

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Can you remove the quotes from all of the job titles? By adding them, you're saying that the job title has to be "CEO", not CEO. Let us know if that solves the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory, That didn't work unfortunately, and it made the list pull in titles I don't want that include some of those terms, like direCTOr.

Rajesh, I am trying to create a smartlist of  all the c-level titles, so I don't want to add VP to the search terms. However, the problem is that it's not pulling in ALL the leads with C-level titles as I have been trying to explain.

For some reason there are leads like the EVP, CIO that didn't get pulled into the list, even though I asked the list to grab leads with job titles that contain CIO.

Am I making sense?