SOLVED

Re: How to prevent certain fields from updating on SFDC sync?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to prevent certain fields from updating on SFDC sync?

Hi-
I'd like to prevent certain field in a SFDC Contact record from updating when synced with Marketo. I've read through the community postings and can't find anything that addresses this specifically for a contact type of record. I'd like to block updates to the name and possibly a couple other fields. Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a solution in Marketo.  You have to confiure the contact fields to be read-only for the marketo sync users WITHIN SFDC using the security rules

Cheers,
Eric

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alisa-
If you don't show the Marketo profile the field, it will not map the SFDC field into Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brigid- I'm not sure I understand. Basically I want to make sure that updates to the name field on a Contact record are not changed by Marketo. However, if the info is changed for some reason in SFDC, I do want that reflected in marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on how your team uses Marketo, it's possible you be able to solve this by going to Admin Settings > Field Management > [select the field you would like to block] > Field Actions > Block Field Updates > [insert appropriate tick box].

It's also possible this is something that must be set up by your SFDC admin rather than your Marketo admin.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Her's a screenshot of my first paragraph above: 

0EM50000000QHLo.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks David. Is there a way to set this blocking only for Contact Records?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah right, forgot about that detail. I'd speak with your SFDC admin about it—unless that's you, in which case you might get some funny looks if you do that. In that case, I'd post on that community forum. I can't think of a solution within Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks David.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a solution in Marketo.  You have to confiure the contact fields to be read-only for the marketo sync users WITHIN SFDC using the security rules

Cheers,
Eric
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. I spoke with my SFDC admin and he's put a rule in place that doesn't really block the change from Marketo but immediately changes it back to it's previous value if Marketo changes it.