SOLVED

How to make a program an exception from pushing up into CRM?

Go to solution
Christine_LeBla
Level 3

How to make a program an exception from pushing up into CRM?

Hi,

I have certain campaigns/programs where I do not want the form submission lead to push up into Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

How can I make exceptions to specific landing page/form?

- Support indicated that if I remove that step from the flow, it would not be enough.

What other methods can I apply?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShannonKPerkuto
Level 3

Re: How to make a program an exception from pushing up into CRM?

Yes, that would take care of it if those are the only smart campaigns that are syncing those records. Just remove the flow step.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

You can set up a field that hides the user from the CRM sync, and then use a smart campaign to check that box. 

For example, we have "Sync to Maketo?" If it's false the person is then invisible to CRM sync user, and that person does not sync to the CRM. 

This hides the whole person, so not sure if you just want to hide the form fill activity. We are using SFDC, so not sure if this applies.

Im sure someone has a better way. We use the above to hide CRM users from syncing back into Marketo. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

People created in Marketo aren't synced to the linked CRM (MS Dynamics in your case) without any implied (Add to Microsoft Campaign, etc.) or explicit sync (Sync Person to Microsoft flow step, etc.). So, if you could add a filter in the campaign(s) that sync people over to MS Dynamics to suppress people who have filled out a particular form/are members of a particular program and make sure they aren't synced via any implied sync actions too, then you should be good!

You can also explore the Custom Dynamics Sync Filter, if you want to pause the sync for an already existing record that's been syncing so far: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/crm-sync/microsoft-dynamics/custo...

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Hi,

I want to suppress anyone and everyone who responds to a particular form/program from syncing up into Dynamics.

How do I do that? What is the filter I'd add? It would be applied to the flow?

Also, am I right in saying it would be wise to remove the 'Sync Person to Microsoft' step in the flow (which happened to be cloned over).

Thanks.

ShannonKPerkuto
Level 3

Yes, if you have a local smart campaign within your program with a Sync Person to Microsoft flow step for members of that program only, remove that flow step.
You may have other smart campaigns in your instance with Sync Person to Microsoft flow steps that are "global" -- for instance, the campaign might capture and sync all new leads in the instance. This is a common practice for Sync Person to Microsoft flow steps -- they are centralized in one program, since this flow step can only happen once per record for Dynamics integrations. (After the initial sync, all records are updated via the regular 5-minute sync cycles, and cannot be forced over.)

To review your instance for other Sync Person to Microsoft flow steps, go to Marketing Activities > Campaign Inspector and look under the Flow Actions column. 
If you need to modify another campaign(s) that is unintentionally syncing leads, add a filter to the Smart List to exclude those records. Or, try removing the records from the flow of the campaign: Prior to the Sync Person to Microsoft flow step, add a flow step of Remove from Flow, select Add Choice, and create a condition like "If Filled Out Form is [your form], Campaign is [this campaign]". This will remove the records that meet the criteria from the smart campaign flow steps.

(If doing this, make sure there are not subsequent flow steps that the records should be processed by.)

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Can you clarify:

If you need to modify another campaign(s) that is unintentionally syncing leads, add a filter to the Smart List to exclude those records.

>> What would the filter be to exclude the record from CRM when set up in the Smart List?

Or, try removing the records from the flow of the campaign: Prior to the Sync Person to Microsoft flow step, add a flow step of Remove from Flow, select Add Choice, and create a condition like "If Filled Out Form is [your form], Campaign is [this campaign]".

>> It is only 3 campaigns (3 programs) that will be exceptions. Each has their own flow. - If I remove the step from the flow about sync to CRM why would I need to add another step for 'remove from flow'? By eliminating the sync step, doesn't that take care of it?

ShannonKPerkuto
Level 3

Yes, that would take care of it if those are the only smart campaigns that are syncing those records. Just remove the flow step.