SOLVED

How To List/Display Leads in a Custom Email?

Go to solution
rcarrion
Level 1

How To List/Display Leads in a Custom Email?

Hello! Trying to find a solution for this because I can't find the answer anywhere.

We're looking to show a list of leads in the body of a custom email. For example:

Here are your current leads that have a status of "Open":

Roger Burke: roger.burke@email.com

Heather Smith: heather.smith@email.com

Jordan Felix: jfelix@email.com

The criteria being lead.status == "Open". The idea is that we can set up a nice/custom email that sends our sales team leads that they should follow up on. This is specific for a division in our company that isn't using Salesforce.

I saw that maybe this could be done using Marketo's velocity email scripting but the documentation isn't very clear.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How To List/Display Leads in a Custom Email?

You probably didn’t realize it, but your question is much like this other post from today.

Marketo, using native functionality alone, can’t communicate or aggregate across leads like this. You need a webhook-compatible service to assist.

For example, one of our clients mirrors inbound leads to a Google Sheet, including owner and other info.  Then a webhook can query that sheet and return a batch of matching records at once. So each owner has a Marketo person record of its own, and by running that person through the ‘hook, you can fetch all their owned leads and send them via email.

Velocity can be used for very fancy re/formatting of person, opportunity, and custom object data in emails, but it can’t change the set of data that’s available.

Another way of implementing this on the CRM side would be to have each owned lead mirrored to a custom object attached to the owner. This wouldn’t require a webhook but also isn’t out-of-the-box.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You probably didn’t realize it, but your question is much like this other post from today.

Marketo, using native functionality alone, can’t communicate or aggregate across leads like this. You need a webhook-compatible service to assist.

For example, one of our clients mirrors inbound leads to a Google Sheet, including owner and other info.  Then a webhook can query that sheet and return a batch of matching records at once. So each owner has a Marketo person record of its own, and by running that person through the ‘hook, you can fetch all their owned leads and send them via email.

Velocity can be used for very fancy re/formatting of person, opportunity, and custom object data in emails, but it can’t change the set of data that’s available.

Another way of implementing this on the CRM side would be to have each owned lead mirrored to a custom object attached to the owner. This wouldn’t require a webhook but also isn’t out-of-the-box.

rcarrion
Level 1

Hey @SanfordWhiteman thanks for the reply! So I initially thought the same thing but in my mind I was like, "Is that really the only way?". This is really helpful. We'll do some research and move forward. Thanks again!