I'm trying to send an alert to a sales owner if they own a record in any record in a particular program. The problem is that I only want to send one alert, so if they own 10 records in the program, I only want to send 1 alert. Is there a way to do this?
As you're aware, Marketo does things by the records in the database, and isn't able to know what has been done for the sales owners of those records.
A manual way of achieving what you need is to use a temporary field and export/import.
1. Export your data and open it in excel
2. Sort by sales owner, add an extra column for your temporary field if it's not already in your export
3. For every record except for the first record of each sales owner, set the value of the temporary field to 0
4. For the first record of each sales owner, set the temporary field value to 1
5. Import your data
6. Run a smart campaign to send alert with choices, send alert if temporary field = 1, default choice = do nothing
Frustrating as it may be I know