SOLVED

Re: How to find all existing programs with scoring rules

Go to solution
Marc_Silverman
Level 1

How to find all existing programs with scoring rules

I am currently working on cleaning out legacy programs within my Marketo instance. I am trying to understand what is the best way to identify all instances where scoring is applied. Appreciate the help!

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A starting point (though not necessarily complete) is the Used By entries in Admin » Field Management for your score field.

View solution in original post

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'd certainly start where Sanford pointed you to. That "Used By" information on field level will give you most of what you need to see. When it comes to de-activating stuff: Yes, you will have to go through the task of de-activating all no longer necessary Trigger Campaigns and Recurring Batch Campaigns. 

Unused Trigger Campaigns will be pruned automatically by Marketo after 6 months of inactivity, recurring batch campaigns though will run forever if not deactivated. You can use the filter on the tree to find them. All scoring campaigns will also be either trigger campaigns or recurring batch campaigns.

marketo_campaigns.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

A starting point (though not necessarily complete) is the Used By entries in Admin » Field Management for your score field.
Marc_Silverman
Level 1

Thank you @SanfordWhiteman! This is actually where I started, but don't believe I am seeing everything that is there. My past administrators did not deactivate everything when they archived and feel like I may have to go through the arduous task of deactivating past archived programs. As I go through that process, any other recommendations?

SanfordWhiteman

Well notable other exceptions are API-based updates and webhook-based updates (we do lots of scoring math using webhooks). Those won't show up in Used By.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'd certainly start where Sanford pointed you to. That "Used By" information on field level will give you most of what you need to see. When it comes to de-activating stuff: Yes, you will have to go through the task of de-activating all no longer necessary Trigger Campaigns and Recurring Batch Campaigns. 

Unused Trigger Campaigns will be pruned automatically by Marketo after 6 months of inactivity, recurring batch campaigns though will run forever if not deactivated. You can use the filter on the tree to find them. All scoring campaigns will also be either trigger campaigns or recurring batch campaigns.

marketo_campaigns.jpg