How to exclude query string from performance report?

Geo_Jose
Level 1

How to exclude query string from performance report?

Is it possible to add a feature to exclude query strings from performance report? Currently our CMS (integrated with Marketo) will be appending query string to support user logins.

The feedback I got from Marketo support is to either use Excel or other reporting tools to export data from Marketo and then massage the data. I thought the reporting will have smarts to ignore them like any other services.

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to exclude query string from performance report?

can you get more specific about the intended workflow?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is it possible to add a feature to exclude query strings from performance report? Currently our CMS (integrated with Marketo) will be appending query string to support user logins.

You can exclude query strings from Munchkin logging (and thus from reports) but you can't both have them logged and have them ignored in reports.

Geo_Jose
Level 1

Sanford, thanks for your response. Can you please elaborate on excluding query strings from Munchkin logging ?  If there is any pointer to do that, it will be great. So to be clear does the click tracking on the email relies the page URL that gets captured via munchkin on the website? I presume it would be captured at the Marketo service side.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Email click tracking (Clicked Email events) doesn't use Munchkin at all. That's why it works even if the URL isn't under your control or is a binary asset that doesn't run Munchkin.

If you strip the query string before init'ing Munchkin, the query strings won't be seen:

var loc = document.createElement('a');

loc.href = document.location.href, loc.search = '';

history.replaceState({},null,loc.href);

Munchkin.init( ... )

(Note this code won't work on IE 8-9.)