SOLVED

Re: How to create a terms consent checkbox on your landing page with a piece of description next to the checkbox?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a terms consent checkbox on your landing page with a piece of description next to the checkbox?

I want to create a checkbox for people to check Yes to my terms consent on a Marketo landing page. Anyone has a way to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to create a terms consent checkbox on your landing page with a piece of description next to the checkbox?

Hey Leslie! The way we have done this in the past is create a text field called "Accept Terms and Conditions" and included it in the form as a "checkbox" field type making it unfilled but mandatory. Then, we made the field label Rich Text saying "Yes, I accept the Terms and Conditions" and the Ts&Cs were hyperlinked to a .pdf or landing page with the complete Terms and Conditions. Then, in the internal alerts, we made the Terms and Conditions section tokenized with the system date / time of the form fill to show when exactly they accepted the Ts&Cs. Hope that helps!! Good luck.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Leslie, this sounds like you would be inserting a form (they will have to click to submit), and in the field description you would put the text that you want them to agree to. Is this not what you're looking to do?

If this is what you want to do, you will need to have a way to get their email address into the form so that it's related back to the correct record that they've consented. It could either be an actual field that they populate, or it could be a hidden field that is populated via a URL parameter or a prefill -- depends on how they will be getting to this page. If you can clarify, I'm sure we can expand on our responses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory:) can you explain a bit more on how to use the URL Parameter to pre-populate a form field?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Leslie, how are people getting to your form? Is it through an email or something that they're clicking and their email address is known? If that isn't the case, this might not be possible, and you'd have to add a visible email address field to your form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory, what you have been told me, as what I understand is that if the person is known in Marketo, the form field can be auto-filled by its existing record? I usually use an email or landing page to embed a link to a form page.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Careful not to confuse Autofill and Prefill (consider these to be Marketo brand names, never mind the outside connotations). The confusion between the two (and also the confusion among Autofill, Prefill, and Progressive Profiling) has led to a lot of misinformation.

On a Marketo form, Autofill refers to the built-in ability of a hidden field to fill its value from a current URL parameter (a.k.a. the value of a query string key=value pair), from a parameter in the referrer URL, or from a cookie. You can write custom code to fill fields from other areas -- like browser storage, URL hash, or URL path -- but these would not be part of the built-in Autofill "brand."

Prefill refers to the built-in ability of a field (usually visible, but it could also be hidden) to show the current value already stored in Marketo for a lead that is associated with the current browser session, if such a lead exists.  In addition to requiring an lead to be associated at (or before) the time the form is rendered, Prefill is only natively available on Marketo-hosted LPs.  Techniques of varying complexity -- and often dubious professional acceptability -- exist to simulate Prefill on non-Marketo pages, but again those are not part of the Prefill "brand."

Priyank_Saraswa
Level 1

Hi Dory,

Thanks for suggestion, but while trying this..checkbox is coming on right side of privacy statement.

can we do something to bring privacy statement on left and check box on right..?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Leslie! The way we have done this in the past is create a text field called "Accept Terms and Conditions" and included it in the form as a "checkbox" field type making it unfilled but mandatory. Then, we made the field label Rich Text saying "Yes, I accept the Terms and Conditions" and the Ts&Cs were hyperlinked to a .pdf or landing page with the complete Terms and Conditions. Then, in the internal alerts, we made the Terms and Conditions section tokenized with the system date / time of the form fill to show when exactly they accepted the Ts&Cs. Hope that helps!! Good luck.