Re: How to Check a Trigger Campaign Was Run

Hchen151
Level 3

How to Check a Trigger Campaign Was Run

Curious if there's a way to check if another trigger campaign was run in a trigger campaign SL. For example, to check if Trigger A "was run in past 1 minute" in Trigger B's SL.

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Curious if there's a way to check if another trigger campaign was run in a trigger campaign SL. For example, to check if Trigger A "was run in past 1 minute" in Trigger B's SL.

There is no such filter.

You can simulate it using a specific workaround, but before getting into that, I think we may have an XY Problem here. Please start by describing your requirements, what you’re trying to accomplish, instead of drilling into one specific technical feature.

Hchen151
Level 3

Given that there's "Campaign was Executed" as a SL activity, I'm wondering if "Campaign was Triggered" is possible to be a checking point for the next campaign to make sure they run sequentially, e.g. the Trigger campaign always runs right before the Executable campaign.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

"Is Member of Smart Campaign" can be used as a Flow Step constraint. It's probably functionally equivalent to "Campaign Was Executed".

SanfordWhiteman

But not if the filter is supposed to be “became Member of Smart Campaign in past 1 minute.”

Hchen151
Level 3

And the Member of Smart Campaign filter can be used only one time, i.e. a person come in to the campaign filter the 2nd time would be already a member from the first time, since the member record would not be cleared. If I want to use "Member not in Campaign...", then next time the same person would not be qualified.

SanfordWhiteman

Correct. But you still need to explain the wider business situation because this is an extraordinarily uncommon request and may be the result of an XY Problem.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Totally agree. If we understand what it is you are trying to ensure, we can point you to the best appropriate solution, so zooming out a bit will help you get to the best possible answer.