SOLVED

How to build multiple lead scores models in Marketo

Go to solution
LookBook_HQ1
Level 1

How to build multiple lead scores models in Marketo

Hello,

We need to compare the score that a lead gets through a certain set of activities vs another set of activities. The idea is that we eventually want to know which set of activities are a better indicator in determining leads that are MQLs-ready.

Is the only way to achieve this by creating a custom field that would host the parallel lead scoring model while the original "Score" field has the score of the first model?

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to build multiple lead scores models in Marketo

While I like Dan and Rajiv's idea, I'm pretty sure you can achieve this with several scoring fields:

1. determine which fields you may need
  2. create the new fields in Marketo as Score fields
  3. create the campaigns per the model you wish to compare on: Score A vs Score B - you may need more than one scoring Program system to handle different scoring weights.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_

For companies that have a variety of products and services, it's not a bad idea to create product- or services-specific scoring fields.  Otherwise, many leads can be identified prematurely using a single model.  Check out Rajiv Kapoor​'s recent blog post that touches upon this idea: Use “Interest Scoring” to target like a bull

Josh_Hill13

While I like Dan and Rajiv's idea, I'm pretty sure you can achieve this with several scoring fields:

1. determine which fields you may need
  2. create the new fields in Marketo as Score fields
  3. create the campaigns per the model you wish to compare on: Score A vs Score B - you may need more than one scoring Program system to handle different scoring weights.
LookBook_HQ1
Level 1

Thanks Dan and Josh for sharing the info, very helpful!