How to block account from smart list if they've had an activity recently?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to block account from smart list if they've had an activity recently?

Hi there,

I'm working on a campaign where we are going to trigger emails from a success manager when a customer becomes "red."  I'm trying to block company from receiving this email if they have any task/activity logged in the last 30 days, or is scheduled to happen in the next 2 weeks.  I've tried the following but it doesn't work:

Not Activity was Logged
Subject: Is Not Empty 
Date of Activity:  This Quarter (obviously not ideal)

I'm guessing it isn't working because it is only taking out contacts that have had an activity, not the entire account.  Any ideas on how I can block anyone from that account from receiving?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to block account from smart list if they've had an activity recently?

Hi Heather,

Since Marketo is only looking at individuals, it won't take out the entire Account.

It might be possible to do something more complex, (and I just realized you left Marketo, congrats on the new role!). Maybe something like:

Smart List 1: pull contacts
Smart List 2: take Account Names from Smart List 1
Flow: then Block (or whatever).

But I think you'd have to do some fancy thing with the API or pull the Account Names and then add them back manually using a different smart list and flow step.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to block account from smart list if they've had an activity recently?

Thanks Josh!  Although I've left physically, I'm still there in spirit!  And I'm glad I'm still a customer.

The other issue is that I want to trigger this email daily, so manually scraping account names everyday isn't the best solution.  Can you think of a way that I could do this with a salesforce campaign?