SOLVED

Re: How to add Job functions to Marketo

Go to solution
Jenn2nunez
Level 2

How to add Job functions to Marketo

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 4.31.25 PM.png

Hello! I am trying to find a way to add more Job Functions into Marketo. At the moment what we have is seen above, all the info I am finding is on how to create job function segments but I just need to add more to the list seen in the screen shot 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can add whatever values you want to the right hand side, the dropdown is just showing the values already seen (and indexed).

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

If it’s not a restricted picklist, then a value that isn’t explicitly offered in the dropdown for new SFDC Contacts can still appear in the field — in both Marketo & SFDC.

Jenn2nunez
Level 2

That makes sense, thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman

You can add whatever values you want to the right hand side, the dropdown is just showing the values already seen (and indexed).

Jenn2nunez
Level 2

Hello, by the post, I need to add more options than what is shown, an example would be to add Automobile. I was told what is shown can only be displayed by Salesforce?

SanfordWhiteman

Hello, by the post, I need to add more options than what is shown, an example would be to add Automobile. I was told what is shown can only be displayed by Salesforce?

You can filter on whatever values you want on the Marketo side. (Marketo still reads so-called "inactive values" and can write values if the SFDC picklist is not restricted.) 

Also see this post: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/controlling-picklist-values-between-marketo-and-sf...

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I think we need a bit more context here. The answers from the rest of the guys are correct from a Marketo pov, but what kind of field is this? From what you are saying here it is a field that is synced with Salesforce. If that is true, it could be possible that in Salesforce it is a picklist field. In order to be able to enter other values in that situation, you would need to adjust the picklist in Salesforce first to show the values you would want to add.

If Salesforce will accept the new values, you can add them to dropdown lists on forms as well and then it makes sense to also add them in smart lists.

SanfordWhiteman

But this is about filtering values. If it's not a restricted picklist in SFDC , you can can filter on other values on the Marketo side, even ones SFDC does not explicitly display.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

True enough, but adding a value to a filter that is never going to occur in the field is rather pointless. Technically correct, but potentially not solving the issue. The comment "I was told what is shown can only be displayed by Salesforce?" makes me think we might be talking about a picklist, hence my attempt to rule that out.

SanfordWhiteman

If it’s not a restricted picklist, then a value that isn’t explicitly offered in the dropdown for new SFDC Contacts can still appear in the field — in both Marketo & SFDC.

Jenn2nunez
Level 2

That makes sense, thank you!

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

You can add the values in the white section in the right. 

Vinay_Kumar_0-1660054620705.png

Just add a value in the white section and press enter to add new value.