How do you create a duplicate lead record for a contact?

Sanjeev_Bhai
Level 2

How do you create a duplicate lead record for a contact?

This may sound a bit counter-intuitive but can someone tell me a simple way to create a lead record when a contact record exists in Saleforce?

Here is the scenario: If a person is created in Salesforce as a CONTACT and not a LEAD (ie. SFDC Type = Contact) and at some point this person fills out a new form, then in the flow step we would like to create a duplicate lead record in Marketo (ie. SFDC Type = Lead).

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Re: How do you create a duplicate lead record for a contact?

Hi Sanjeev,

Could you please tell the logic behind why do you want to create a duplicate record of an existing contact in SFDC? Are you trying to track the latest activity for the existing records?

Thanks

Ankit

Sanjeev_Bhai
Level 2

When that person fills out a form we want to be able to route this lead to Salesforce. Right now in our flow step we already are increasing the score so the lead becomes MQL, syncing to SFDC, creating Task, etc.

Thanks.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

But why do you want to create a duplicate lead in that case, you can send a notification to the Sales Owner/Account owner and get the lead source recent value updated.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's better to look at this as creating a duplicate Person (a.k.a. Lead) in Marketo. Once that's done, you can Sync to SFDC, assigning them to a lead queue, which will create a parallel Lead on the SFDC side.

You can fork a new Person by posting to the forms /save endpoint as Dan and I discuss here (never mind the "reliable" question, it does work!).

But like Ankit I would advise against anything knowingly called a "duplicate." It's an architecture smell.