Interaction detail missing in activity

Julia_Rosentha3
Level 2

Interaction detail missing in activity

Hello community,

Reaching out to people with experience using MKTO-SFDC Add to Campaign feature.

At the moment, we're using functions in Salesforce to create a "Call Interaction" for our outbound call team. Not the Campaign Object. Part of the workflow associated with the creation of an Interaction is, the Outbounder then get a triggered notification to call the lead, with a bit of detail about what the focus of the call should be. Pretty simple.

However, I want to utilize the MKTO Add to, Edit and Remove to/from SFDC Campaign feature. It'll be better for everyone. And I'm hoping it will put an end to this annoying aspect of my current activity log information. When the outbounders make notes in the Call Interaction object in SFDC, the following gets created in my MKTO Activity Log.

can't-see-sf-detail-in-mkto-activity-log.JPG

Annoyingly, all the detailed info [which is all pretty useless anyway] is in the detail of the log item, but i have to expand it to read it.

mkto-activity-log-detail-from-sf-no-id.png

QUESTIONS

If I use "Add to SFDC Campaign" in flow steps, will it solve this problem?

If not, is it possible to customise what gets displayed in the activity log so that I don't have to expand each log item to read the detail?

i.e. maybe change the mapping of the interaction data, so it comes in under the "detail" field and gets displayed in the activity log default screen?

can't-see-sf-detail-in-mkto-activity-log-arrow.jpg

Hope all that makes sense. Appreciate any info you can offer at this stage, before I start setting up the Campaign feature.

Thank you

Jules

3 REPLIES 3
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Interaction detail missing in activity

That detail field only gets used for certain activity types, things like "Clicked link on webpage" to show what link they clicked. If there's no detail, it's because there's no detail programmed to show. Add to SFDC Campaign will show which SFDC campaign they were added to (the name of the SFDC campaign).

There's no way to customise this feature further.

V

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Instead you can pass the values which you require in an email using token and send it as a alert.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Following on from Veronica and Ankit's comments, I don't think you want to move recklessly to campaign membership only. You're currently getting rich metadata in the detail that can be included in an email via a Velocity token, even if it's hard to read in the Activity Log. With Add to Campaign there's no such data.