How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

What does that mean? I want to send this to all the lists I've included (4405 leads) PLUS the leads that come in from the form.  Is that so hard to do?

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

You'd first have to create a Static List called ENVASTAT Report Subscribers (or something like that), followed by a Smart Campaign that's something like "SMART LIST: Fills Out Form > Form IS [YOUR FORM'S NAME] AND ENVASTAT Report = True; FLOW: Add to List > List IS ENVASTAT Report Subscribers."

This will add anyone who completes the form and checks off the ENVASTAT Report checkbox to the list you want to email.

Then, to include this list with the others, you'd go back to your original Smart List (screen captured above) and - where it says "Member of List" - click on the green PLUS sign and add ENVASTAT Report Subscribers to the others. This should give you a final list count of (10) since the one pictured above says (9).

The way you currently have it set up, the logic says, "Email anyone who's a member of these 9 existing lists AND ALSO ticked the ENVASTAT Report checkbox" (which is why only you are being included).

Hope that makes sense!

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Yup - this screen shot shows that each checkbox has its own field, so you'd just want to create a new one for the mailing list subscription.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK.  From that shot of Field Management it looks like these fields are synced from Dynamics CRM?  I can't help you with that platform as I've never used it, but in any case the lesson is the same: you need to have a field in that list for your new mailing list.  The mere existence of the Smart List with a corresponding name is irrelevant to what appears on the form.