How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

You have a set of checkboxes ('Weekly Market Commentaries', 'Envestnet Edge', etc.)

I suspect those checkboxes are maintained entirely within the form.  Each one does not have a corresponding Marketo field.  Rather, they probably all coalesce into a single "Subscriptions" field.

Please show a screen shot of the setup for those checkboxes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

Okay, is this what you're looking for?

pastedImage_0.png

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Sanford Whiteman​ is correct - based on this screen shot, you are pulling up Marketo fields, not lists.

If each checkbox is its own field, you'll need to create a new Marketo field with the name of your list (ex: MAILING LIST) and add it as a checkbox in the appropriate section. Then your Smart List's criteria would be "MAILING LIST = TRUE".

ETA: Otherwise, these checkboxes are contained and managed within one parent field on the form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And by creating a new field, do you mean Rich Text?  How do you create a new field?

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You can create new fields in Admin > Field Management. You'll be able to confirm if this is the case if these checkboxes appear in the fields list. To me, though, it looks like each option is its own field added as a checkbox.

Does the form have a coordinating Smart Campaign or List (Static of Smart) that operates based on those checkboxes? That could help us determine how it's set up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I can tell... but this is what I found under Field Management. The ones highlighted are the ones that currently appear on the form.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Each of these lists are on their own smart lists though.  Is that would you mean?  So if someone checks off "News about Envestnet", their info gets added to the Smart list.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Correct. Once you have your new field added as a checkbox, then your Smart List would just be something like, "MAILING LIST FIELD NAME = TRUE". Unfortunately, it's not automatic like on other services like MailChimp, where lists can be added to the forms without setting up more logic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jen - you've been very helpful.  I was able to link the field to a smart list but ran into another problem.  I have an existing smart list that combines several other lists together resulting in about 4405 leads.  When I add in the "Mailing List Field Name = true"..all of the leads get removed except for my name (I signed up via the form to test the field.)  Why is that?

I created a separate smart list just for the form field leads but when I added the two smart lists to the email I'm preparing to send out, my distribution list again went down to 1.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Cindy, if only you have `ENVESTAT Report` = 'true' and you're using an ALL filter, this is exactly what you should expect to happen.