Re: How do I use a smart campaign to send 4 different emails based on criteria

kristalklug
Level 2

How do I use a smart campaign to send 4 different emails based on criteria

Hi.

Can a smart campaign send 4 different emails based on several different criterias? For example, if lead has  (received/delivered) “xyz” then send email one or if lead has (received/delivered) “abc” then send email 2.

Basically, can I create and IF/Then statement and based on the criteria the smart campaigns this email or that email. 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure what “has” means in this case, but generally: sure, using Add Choice in the Send Email flow step.

But also be careful that you aren’t wasting work this way. How different are the emails, really? Can they not use Dynamic Content or Velocity?

kristalklug
Level 2

Hi.
Thanks for the advice. "Has" means delivered/received email, which I updated in my posting to avoid confusion. Per your suggestion, I used the "choice" option in the flow part of my smart campaign, so it reflects the If/Then statements that I was needing. The emails are different and the dynamic content does not work with "in the past" or "before" criteria/filter. And, we don't have velocity, unfortunately.
Thanks for the advice.

SanfordWhiteman

And, we don't have velocity, unfortunately.

How do you figure? What kind of subscription do you have that doesn’t have Velocity?

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

is Velocity a standard feature?

SanfordWhiteman

All Marketo emails use Velocity.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

When you look at the My Tokens section of a program, I bet you have a token type "Email Script". That is where you'd use Velocity to set up a velocity script. Looking for the word Velocity in your instance you will indeed not find it.