SOLVED

Re: How Do I Track Website Visits if Munchkin Code is Removed Post GDPR

Go to solution
Nicola_Svec1
Level 1

How Do I Track Website Visits if Munchkin Code is Removed Post GDPR

How can we track website visits if the munchkin code is removed when a person doesn't want to be tracked?

Nicola Svec
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I wasn't clear. If I want to track who is visiting website pages in order to score them for the visit is there any other way of doing this if the munchkin code is not there?

You need to keep the promise to not track them, not break the promise by scoring them based on their web activity.

Anyway, once Munchkin is off, Marketo will not know who they are. That's the idea!

Seriously -- even though in technical terms you could track them by relaying analytics through another service or using LocalStorage or URL tagging instead of cookies proper -- this would be really unethical and, depending on your regulatory environment, illegal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You... don't?

I don't understand the question.

Nicola_Svec1
Level 1

I wasn't clear. If I want to track who is visiting website pages in order to score them for the visit is there any other way of doing this if the munchkin code is not there?

Nicola Svec
SanfordWhiteman

You need to keep the promise to not track them, not break the promise by scoring them based on their web activity.

Anyway, once Munchkin is off, Marketo will not know who they are. That's the idea!

Seriously -- even though in technical terms you could track them by relaying analytics through another service or using LocalStorage or URL tagging instead of cookies proper -- this would be really unethical and, depending on your regulatory environment, illegal.