SOLVED

How do I setup a Drupal form integration in Marketo?

Go to solution
farslan
Level 1

How do I setup a Drupal form integration in Marketo?

I am having difficulties with troubleshooting our Marketo to Drupal form integration. For Context, My company utilizes Drupal to build and host our website. We also use Drupal forms on our website to collect lead data. However, that integration recently stopped working - when visitors fill out any of the forms across our web page the data is not passing through to Marketo. I have been trying to troubleshoot the integration, however, I can't even find the integration the admin section of Marketo. I've never set up this type of integration before and I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done on the Marketo end to set up a Drupal for intergration. 

In my research I keep finding documentation about how to set up the Marketo MA module in Drupal, However I don't see anything about what to do on the Marketo end of the integration.  So my question is what do I need to do to get a Drupal to Marketo integration up and running?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do I setup a Drupal form integration in Marketo?

So i'm asking, how would you set up the integration? That way I can find out where it exists in Marketo.  Should it be one of the Web-services  or maybe a Webhook?

Not a webhook (that's an outbound connection). Not a known service, either. You won't see a branded Drupal service anywhere in Marketo, it's just a package within the CMS.

You must have a LaunchPoint Custom Service defined in order for REST API credentials to be generated to be entered in the CMS. Of course those credentials may be shared - even that's poor practice - so there's no guarantee that they'll have the word "Drupal" or even the word "website" in the name.

I'll say again that if your web team is incapable if figuring this out (for months!) they should move to a visible Drupal form and hidden Marketo form.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

I wouldn’t advise using a little-maintained server-to-server integration here. It’s prone to DoS attacks, adds another layer of indirection to troubleshoot, and has no net advantages.

Instead, take this opportunity to move to a Marketo background form post, which is the preferred method.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agree with Sanford, although I am wondering whether you actually need the Drupal form to capture the data separately, otherwise you can simply remove your Drupal form and simply use a visible, embedded Marketo form which removes the complexity entirely.

farslan
Level 1

So unfortunately for my situation, the web team at my company has complete ownership of the website including the forms. They are adamant that we must keep using Drupal forms on the website. The integration has been broken for several months and our web team is insisting that everything on their side of integration is working correctly. Therefore, I'm trying to find the integration on the Marketo side to make sure nothing is broken on our end. I literally cant find it when I'm in my companies instance!

So i'm asking, how would you set up the integration? That way I can find out where it exists in Marketo.  Should it be one of the Web-services  or maybe a Webhook? I did not set up this integration, my predecessor was responsible for that and they are no longer with the company. 

Is it possible that the integration only needs to be set up on Drupal with nothing done on the Marketo end? 

SanfordWhiteman

So i'm asking, how would you set up the integration? That way I can find out where it exists in Marketo.  Should it be one of the Web-services  or maybe a Webhook?

Not a webhook (that's an outbound connection). Not a known service, either. You won't see a branded Drupal service anywhere in Marketo, it's just a package within the CMS.

You must have a LaunchPoint Custom Service defined in order for REST API credentials to be generated to be entered in the CMS. Of course those credentials may be shared - even that's poor practice - so there's no guarantee that they'll have the word "Drupal" or even the word "website" in the name.

I'll say again that if your web team is incapable if figuring this out (for months!) they should move to a visible Drupal form and hidden Marketo form.