Date/Time stamp for forms

wbwhitley
Level 1

Date/Time stamp for forms

I'd like to create a view where I can see the submission date (and time if possible) for each form submission. While I can't find this - the information is clearly stored somewhere as I can use smart list filters to search for those who filled out a form in a given time frame. Anyone know how to pull that into a smart list view. 

Could I, moving forward, use a hidden field to create the date/time stamp on a form submission. Doesn't appear I can use tokens so looking for any insight you may have!

3 REPLIES 3
jace_brendle
Level 3

Re: Date/Time stamp for forms

I've tried to do this before as well, and the solution we went with was to create a custom field called "Last form submission date" and then we set up a smart campaign to populate it. It can be a fairly simple smart campaign, with "Fills out for = is any" as the smart list and one flow step to set the new field with the system date/time token, {{system.dateTime}}. You can build this in an operational data program, instead of needing to add a hidden field to each form.

The catch is that this will continue to be overwritten with each form completion, which is why it's labeled "Last for submission date". 

If anyone knows a better way to capture/view this information I'd love to hear it too.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

If the form is not a global form, and rather created at the program level, then we could probably use the PMCF for storing the date time instead of a person object field, that way the field data would be tied at the program member level instead of the person object and hence would not be wiped/overwritten until the person fills out the same form in the program. But, here OP wants to ultimately see the data in a SL, and PMCF cannot be pulled in the view of a SL.

There was a similar question asked in the community a while back here

I personally like pulling such data for activities using the bulk activity extract API.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Could I, moving forward, use a hidden field to create the date/time stamp on a form submission.

Of course (lots of past discussions on this).

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(mktoForm){
  mktoForm.onSubmit(function(mktoForm){
    mktoForm.addHiddenFields({
      LastFormSubmittedDT : new Date().toISOString()
    });
  });
});

As noted elsewhere, this will overwrite the value for every form fill (as is the case for any non-PMCF value).

Like Darshil says, the Bulk Extract would give you the data rotated in a different way.