Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I set tokens that caters to a certain segementation created

how do I set tokens that caters to a certain segementation created

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: how do I set tokens that caters to a certain segementation created

Please elaborate on the need and context (LP, email).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx Sanford basically when I set segmentation (have specific content per region) in this case, by geography (ex: Canada, USA, International etc.)
How do I set tokens on my LP (using guided template) that caters to each region, so:

1. When user from Canada lands on LP it will show Canada token
2. When user from USA lands on LP it will show USA token

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Sounds like what you're looking for is dynamic content.  Start here: Use Dynamic Content in a Landing Page - Marketo Docs - Product Docs 

If you're looking to build tokens specifically, you will need a separate token for each region such as {{my.USAbodytext}} and {{my.Canadabodytext}} where you plug the tokens into each dynamic section and let it resolve accordingly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I use dynamic content in guided landing pages?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right-click on an element and select "Segment By":

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I have a few headers I need to cater to each segment, should I be using tokens or snippets? and how do I set it?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no one answer to the Snippets vs Tokens question.

Generally speaking, Snippets are global and represent fixed pieces of content (logos, banners) or other formatted HTML fragments that will be shared across many assets, while (Rich Text) tokens can represent the same rich content (or plain-text content) but are program-local or folder-local.  Snippets are pre-segmented and can fully replace or represent an editable element; tokens in fact go inside ​an editable element (though this may not be a relevant distinction if the only content is the token) and segmentation is done at the asset level.  You may use different tokens in different segments for the same element; you may only use one pre-segmented Snippet per element.

These descriptions are simplified, and under special circumstances some rules can be tweaked. And I'm not even touching on Velocity, which is the 3rd and most complex/robust method of segmentation.

I suggest you experiment with the ins and outs of each option and make a site-specific determination, unless you have a particular requirement and want to know which of the options support it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using segmentation, I choose a element to make it dynamic, with multiple variables needed:

1: if it's in Canada: Show header 1

2: if it's in USA: Show header 2

3. if it's in China: Show header 3

To do the above, do I need to create multiple landing pages or how do I insert the following variables?

Thank you.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

In the bottom right of the guided LP editor is the dynamic elements section.  You define the three variations there.

pastedImage_0.png