SOLVED

How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign?

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign?

I think the idea is that 50 to 60 triggers, as does 60 to 70 and 70 to 80.

But I agree with you that every single increase being "interesting" is kinda strange.

Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

Re: How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign?

I am interested in rather the deduction of behavior score triggering the smart campaign rather than increase in behavior score. I want to prevent my trigger-based smart campaign from running whenever there is a deduction of behavior score. I want smart campaign to ignore that deduction (ignore that particular behavior score change).

Rahul Ravulapati
Head of Marketing Automation & Operations
Rimini Street, Inc.
Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

My business use-case problem is I am using "data value changes" for attribute "behavior score" and whenever there is a deduction in behavior score, people are running through that trigger-based smart campaign and I do not want people to run thru the smart campaign if there is a deduction in their behavior score (only want people to run thru the smart campaign for addition of behavior score). Hope that makes sense. Let me know your insights. TY

Rahul Ravulapati
Rimini Street, Inc.
Michael_Florin
Level 10

So you have a Smart Campaign that runs every time a score changes? And you don't want it to run when the score decreases, instead you only want it to run when the score increases? What is this Smart Campaign doing?

There is surely no constraint available that states: Only fire trigger if new value > previous value. That kind of logic could only be achieved outside of Marketo, aka through a webhook, as Sanford said.

But again: I would want to know what your Smart Campaign is supposed to be doing. The only time we use a score change to trigger something is if it reaches a certain threshold, as in Jay's example.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Your explanation hasn't made it any clearer. Anyway, if you have only a few standard increments e.g. only ever +5, +10, +15 or +20... you can add them all to a campaign

pastedImage_1.png

If you want to trigger on any amount of increment to the score... you will need two custom fields and a webhook. 

Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

Thanks everyone for all the insights and suggestions. By exploring all these options, I was able to come up with a solution that works best for my particular use-case. Much appreciate all the support received on this topic. 

Rahul Ravulapati
Rimini Street, Inc.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please mark somebody's answer as correct, thanks.