SOLVED

How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign?

Go to solution
Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign?

How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign? In other words, if the attribute "Behavior score" changes whereby new value is less than previous value, I do not want my trigger-based smart campaign to fire? On the flip side, if the attribute "Behavior score" changes whereby new value is more than previous value, then only do I want my trigger-based smart campaign to fire.

I am using this trigger-based smart campaign as part of my overall Lead Scoring Program.

Any thoughts/insights anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. Ty!

Rahul

Rahul Ravulapati
Head of Marketing Automation & Operations
Rimini Street, Inc.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign?

Your explanation hasn't made it any clearer. Anyway, if you have only a few standard increments e.g. only ever +5, +10, +15 or +20... you can add them all to a campaign

pastedImage_1.png

If you want to trigger on any amount of increment to the score... you will need two custom fields and a webhook. 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

Re: How do I prevent a negative behavior score change/deduction from triggering a trigger-based smart campaign?

To further elaborate,  I am talking about when a lead has behavior score deduction (for example....like deduction of 20 points to the behavior score) so when that happens if the attribute "Behavior score" changes whereby new score is less than previous score, I do not want my trigger-based smart campaign to fire (in other words, ignore that deduction (ignore that particular behavior score change). Hope this helps with the clarification in troubleshooting this issue. TY

Rahul  

Rahul Ravulapati
Rimini Street, Inc.
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

like this 

pastedImage_1.png

Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the suggestion but that approach will not work for my particular use-case since it is dependent on inserting static values for both new value and previous value and it needs to be irrespective of any particular score. So I am back to my original inquiry about how to setup the smart list logic of when a lead has behavior score deduction (for example....like deduction of 20 points to the behavior score) so when that happens if the attribute "Behavior score" changes whereby new score is less than previous score, I do not want my trigger-based smart campaign to fire (in other words, ignore that deduction (ignore that particular behavior score change).

Rahul

Rahul Ravulapati
Rimini Street, Inc.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Set an Interesting Moment "score bumped" alongside any score increase & trigger on that.

Or (what I'd do myself) use a webhook to manage scores.

Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Rather a novel idea but I am interested in the deduction of behavior score versus a score bump so I am uncertain how "has interesting moment" trigger will resolve the issue I am encountering. Can you further elaborate? TY

Rahul Ravulapati
Rimini Street, Inc.
SanfordWhiteman

Rather a novel idea but I am interested in the deduction of behavior score versus a score bump

No, you're uninterested in deductions (decreases), according to your post.  You're only interested in triggering on increases.

I'm describing a setup where you log an Interesting Moment directly after you do a Change Score that results in an increase. By triggering on the IM (not the Change Score itself) you ignore decreases.

Rahul_Ravulapat
Level 2

You mentioned utilization of webhooks to manage scores but I am unclear on the utilization of such a methodology considering I have a lead scoring program in-place. How does webhooks integrate with my lead scoring program? Please further elaborate in greater details. TY

Rahul Ravulapati
Rimini Street, Inc.
SanfordWhiteman

How does webhooks integrate with my lead scoring program?

You would replace any Change Score flow step with a Request Campaign.

The requested campaign(s) would run Call Webhook, providing current lead score fields together with one or more Program-level {{my.tokens}}. 

Then the webhook-compatible service in the other end can apply robust intelligence to whether/how scores should be updated + whether the score change is considered "interesting" (based on the number and direction of the ±delta or any other factors).

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Can you show what you've tried, or describe the business problem you're trying to solve.

The above example is what we use to promote leads from Known to MQL status (lead score > 60 = MQL). What's your problem?