How do I make a form in multiple languages?

Ric_Kolibar
Level 2

How do I make a form in multiple languages?

I have a form that is on our English website using embed code </script>.  This form has 20 smart campaigns.

I need to make the same form in German with the same 20 smart campaigns. Is there a simple way of doing this?

ric kolibar
8 REPLIES 8
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: How do I make a form in multiple languages?

That's a reasonable question.

I am going to say that no, there is no simple way.

I would suggest the easiest way is to clone the form and update the labels accordingly.

You can add as many triggers as you like to the smart campaign:

Fills out form = English form

Fills out form = German form

These triggers are naturally "OR" operators, meaning that whichever form is completed is enough to initiate the smart campaign.

I am just guessing but I assume there isn't a very sophisticated toolset for localisation on the web.. it's all about duplication.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ric,

If the form and the 20 smart campaigns are all in a program (and it's best practice that they are set up this way), the simplest way is to clone the program, which will clone the form and the 20 SC. Then edit the new form to make it german.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How soon you guys forget: Re: How do I update the submit button and error message to reflect local language (i.e French)

There's no need to have multiple forms. (There's an easier way than shown in that old example, but the way still does the trick.)

Michelle_Stunka
Level 2

Hey Sanford,

I have a really dumb question. I was able to get your translation code to work (thank you so much for this!) but how do I add additional fields into it? I've tried a few different ways but must be missing something in the syntax. https://www.m-files.com/en/marketo-test-form

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michelle,

It's better to open a new thread, rather than adding a comment to a very old one You will get more answers, faster. Some other people might have implemented the technique in between and would read the new post, while few will pay interest to comments to old posts.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, open a new thread and I'll explain. You can link back here as a reference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar question...

One of our websites is translated into a language other than English but requires the same form as the English version.

We want the forms to be have the same form ID so they can go through the same workflows but display as the foreign language when that version of the website is selected.

Is this possible?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, using the notes and demo code I linked to above.

Though technically, you don't need the same form ID in order for the forms to trigger the same workflow.  If the forms start with the same name (like "RFQ - en-US" and "RFQ - fr-FR") then you can still trigger on Form Name [starts with] "RFQ".