SOLVED

How do I export a list of existing entries for my custom field?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I export a list of existing entries for my custom field?

I have a custom field that has existed as a free form field in our CRM.  There is so much variability in the entries that now exist in Marketo.  How do I export a list of entries from Marketo?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Re: How do I export a list of existing entries for my custom field?

There may be an easier way than this....but here goes:

I'd create a custom view in the Lead Database which just shows that one field. Then I'd export the entire database into Excel (making sure to only use this particular view).  This will export just that one field value for every single lead, and the Excel file should just be one long column.

Then open the Excel file, and you can "Remove Duplicates" from that column. What you're left with is a single entry for each unique value.

Hope that makes sense. I'd be glad to clarify if needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

There may be an easier way than this....but here goes:

I'd create a custom view in the Lead Database which just shows that one field. Then I'd export the entire database into Excel (making sure to only use this particular view).  This will export just that one field value for every single lead, and the Excel file should just be one long column.

Then open the Excel file, and you can "Remove Duplicates" from that column. What you're left with is a single entry for each unique value.

Hope that makes sense. I'd be glad to clarify if needed.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

... just chiming in to say I agree with @Bruce.  This field might as well be "Last Name" -- text, no validation, duplicates must be allowed. You have to work with an export file to get a consolidated view.
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you only need the unique values of that field, Bruce's example should work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is perfect!  Thanks for the great suggestion!