SOLVED

Re: How do I create a transactionally-triggered drip campaign?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I create a transactionally-triggered drip campaign?

Hi Marketopeeps!

I’d like to make a single flow that encourages one user (the Lead in this case) to connect to another user (represented by properties on the custom action called to start the Lead in the flow). 

We’re doing this so that we can run a drip campaign of reminders and incentives to connect, for each user to whom we’re encouraging the Lead to connect. 

We should be able to generate each campaign from a single Flow, but allow more than one copy of the campaign to be running at the same time and for starting and stopping them independently, so we only have one set of emails to update when running A/B tests or changing content. 

Example:

1. User A invites User B to connect. 
  2. B receives email reminder 1 of 3 to connect to A. 
  3. User C invites User B to connect. 
  4. B receives email reminder 1 of 3 to connect to C.
  5. B connects to C. (Emails reminding B to connect to C stop. Emails reminding B to connect to A continue)
  6. B receives email reminder 2 of 3 to connect to A.
  7. B receives email reminder 3 of 3 to connect to A.

How can I do this? 

My thoughts right now are looking at using Custom Actions (Start and Stop events) with custom properties (the name and avatar url of the user with whom the lead should connect, and the URL for doing so) differentiating campaigns, but I’m not familiar enough with Marketo to know if there is a solution down this path. 

Hoping for some experienced insight. Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I've decided to simplify my flows, and rely on a single weekly email to each recipient, but which includes a list of all the customers currently waiting for them, using custom objects on the lead. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This sounds like a complex set of campaigns - essentially a "traffic cop" for either an Engagement Stream setup or a series of drip smart campaigns managed by a central flow.

You'll need some custom marketo fields to track which lead should be in which campaign and when to trigger the lead to be removed from a reminder campaign. I agree that you may need a set of Custom Objects to say that A invited B and C invited B.
  1. User A invites User B, add B to reminder list/campaign on Reminder = TRUE
  2. C invites User B to connect, Reminder = TRUE (new object), move into Campaign
  3. ....
I wonder if it is possible to run this on one campaign because B would be in the same campaign twice, which is possible as long as it is set to Run Every Time, but I wonder if it would work right in this scenario.
Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Hi  Jordan,

I hope by connect you mean user clicks on a specific link in email. Here is the flow that you can try
Lets call the emails EM1a, EM2a and EM3a (3 emails sent by User A) and EM1c, EM2c and EM3c (3 emails sent by User C)

Smart campaign Parent (Flow):
Send EM1a and EM1c
Wait
Request campaign 2a and 2c
Wait
Request campaign 3a and 3c

Here is the sample detail for requested campaigns
example Campaign 2a
Smart list:
Campaign is requested (In marketo flow action)
AND
Was sent email (1a)
AND
Not clicked link in email (Email is 1a) and link is ""

FLOW
Send email EM2a

Thanks,
Gunjan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I've decided to simplify my flows, and rely on a single weekly email to each recipient, but which includes a list of all the customers currently waiting for them, using custom objects on the lead.