SOLVED

Re: How do I create a token for a custom form field?

Go to solution
amiller35
Level 2

How do I create a token for a custom form field?

Hello, I did a little bit of research on this and while this question has been asked a couple times none of the answers really pertained to my situation. I created a form and a send email alert to let me know whenever somebody fills it out. The fields on the form are:
Address

First Name

Last Name

Shirt Size 

I have tokens already pre-made for Address, First Name, and Last Name, but not for Shirt Size. How do I create a token that is tied to Shirt Size so that in the alert email it pulls that info from the form along with Address, First Name, and Last Name?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To be clear, unless you're talking about a {{my.token}}, you don't "create" tokens.

Every custom Lead or Member field has a {{lead.token}} or {{member.token}}, respectively, automatically available if the field exists. There's no separate step.

So {{lead.Shirt Size}} or {{member.Shirt Size}} is already there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To be clear, unless you're talking about a {{my.token}}, you don't "create" tokens.

Every custom Lead or Member field has a {{lead.token}} or {{member.token}}, respectively, automatically available if the field exists. There's no separate step.

So {{lead.Shirt Size}} or {{member.Shirt Size}} is already there.

amiller35
Level 2

Thanks Sanford!