SOLVED

Re: How Do I Add A From Address and From Name To An Email Template?

Go to solution
pmann-elementum
Level 1

How Do I Add A From Address and From Name To An Email Template?

I cannot find an answer on any of the forums and the customer live chat is ignoring me and not answering:

How do I add a default from: name and email to a template? I am in Design Studio > Email Templates > (the email). When I create an email from this template I have to repeatedly hand-type the from name, from address etc into the email, I’d like to have a default (name@company.com)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well, you cannot set the sender details in the email template itself, you can however set the defaults for your user in the Marketo > Admin > Email. These settings will be used when you create the emails, you can update/over-ride the default sender/reply-to details at them email level too. If you're setting this up for a other users, you can create the cloneable program templates with emails leveraging the tokens defined in the top level program/campaign folder level so you/your team doesn't have to manually enter the details every single time, they van just just clone the template, and let tokens populate the sender/reply-to details for them.

View solution in original post

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

As an alternative process here, you could create a new email using the template and leave it blank (no modules). You could then add the "from" and "from name" to that email and save it. 

In the future when you'd like to create a new email, rather than creating a new email based on the template, you could clone your starter email that's got those fields populated and then you're off-to-the-races all the same.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well, you cannot set the sender details in the email template itself, you can however set the defaults for your user in the Marketo > Admin > Email. These settings will be used when you create the emails, you can update/over-ride the default sender/reply-to details at them email level too. If you're setting this up for a other users, you can create the cloneable program templates with emails leveraging the tokens defined in the top level program/campaign folder level so you/your team doesn't have to manually enter the details every single time, they van just just clone the template, and let tokens populate the sender/reply-to details for them.

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

As an alternative process here, you could create a new email using the template and leave it blank (no modules). You could then add the "from" and "from name" to that email and save it. 

In the future when you'd like to create a new email, rather than creating a new email based on the template, you could clone your starter email that's got those fields populated and then you're off-to-the-races all the same.