Re: How Custom Entity data updates

Daniel_Carroll3
Level 1

How Custom Entity data updates

Hi Community.

Hoping someone can shed some light. We are synching an "Application" entity via Dynamics 365. We obviously have two filters available, Has Application and Was Added to Application. We have a number of fields synching for this Custom Entity.

I have two questions. The first, if I do an exact query for "Was Added" (with no time constraint) and "Has" I don't get the same results. Should I be getting the same results? I appreciate "Was Added" is an action seen by Marketo, and "Has" is looking at historical data, but let's assume they match so, all current Applications would have been recorded by Marketo as "Added", should I see the same results in my constraint queries using these two filters separately?

The second question is about updates to Custom Entity data. If someone "Has an Application" and fields change in CRM e.g. Status , should this instantly reflect in the Custom Entity smartilist query in Marketo?

I've searched the community with little success on this subject, this article touches on an issue - - but can anyone offer their experience?

Thanks very much.

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Has= has right now.

Was = had a log entry matching that condition at some point in the past.

Has =! Was

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Also, some log entries are archived after 90 days. Not sure if this one is. That can also affect your count.

fabrizzio_garzo
Level 1

Hi community,

About the second question of  Daniel_Carroll3... what is the solution for updates to custom entity with a trigger?

Thanks!!!

Daniel_Carroll3
Level 1

You should expect updates to fields within the Custom Entity in Dynamics to transfer to Marketo if they are in the sync. These however won't be triggerable in Marketo - only Creation of the Custom Entity is triggerable in Marketo unfortunately. You have to find ways to get what you want using filters rather than triggers. The "Has" filter is always the most reliable and should hold up to date data from your CRM.