Marketing Activities Down?

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Marketing Activities Down?

Starting Sunday, Jan 19, 2020, I have not been able to access Marketing Activities and forms are not displaying on our website.  Adobe Status shows no issues with Marketo. Has anyone else had this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Shameah_Abraha1
Level 2

Re: Marketing Activities Down?

Hi Elliott - We're experiencing the same issue of not being able to access our assets in Marketing Activities. I called support twice, but was directed to their phone answering service. I submitted an online ticket and am waiting on their response.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Shameah Abraham‌ we experienced a similar issue with support.

I had to submit an email @ 2:03 PM EST Sunday to support@marketo.com because I was unable to access My Cases in the Community. After that the following communications were received by me indicating a lack of coordination and response by Marketo in reaction to a P1 issue.

At 2:04 PM, I received two confirmation emails - one from support@marketo.com with the subject 'Marketo Support P1 Case Created' and an ID number, and the other from support-reply@marketo.com with the subject 'Adobe Customer Support Case Created' and the same ID number, but the priority was P3.

At 8:39 PM, I received an email from amckenno@adobe.com with the subject 'Marketo Engage Cares' and the same ID asking if I was trying to access My Cases with our authorized support user login, which I confirmed that I was.

At 8:58PM, I received two confirmation emails - one from support@marketo.com with the subject 'Marketo Support P1 Case Created' and a different ID than the previous emails, and the other from support-reply@marketo.com with the subject 'Adobe Customer Support Case Created' and the same ID number as the one from Marketo Support, but the priority was P3.

At 9:03 PM, I received an email from amckenno@adobe.com with the subject 'Marketo Engage Cares' and the ID as my initial cases saying since this was a Customer Care case, I would not be able to see the case in My Cases and that she had created a support case for me with the case number that corresponded to the second set of confirmation emails I received.

At 9:00 AM Monday, I received an email from support-reply@marketo.com with the subject 'Adobe Customer Support Case Response' and the ID number as the second support case that was created and a P1 priority. The email stated "We identified a type of cache that required clearing as a once-off fix and cleared. It should work now." There is no mention of what other functions might have been affected, if the issue affected others (which it apparently did based on Community feedback), why https://status.adobe.com/ didn't mention this issue or what will be done to prevent it from recurring in the future.

I requested that Marketo Support person escalate our case to whoever is running support there, so that they may be aware of this and can provide answers to my questions above.  I'll keep you posted if I learn more.

Shameah_Abraha1
Level 2

Thanks so much for sharing this update, Elliott. I received a response from support online and they are escalating my case to engineering. I'm hoping they will have this resolved soon because it's impacting our work. I also did not see this issue on the status page, which is not normal.

Shameah_Abraha1
Level 2

Hi Elliott - Support was able to fix our issue using the same solution you mentioned, which was clearing the cache. We're able to access our assets again and support said they would share their final findings with us once they have them.

AnneMarie_C
Marketo Employee

Elliott Lowe‌, Shameah Abraham‌,

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to ensure we compiled all the necessary information before providing a more detailed response to your concerns. 

Service issues are an important part of the incident management process at Adobe and Marketo. When the impact and severity of an issue hit an objective threshold, an announcement on the Adobe Status Page is posted. The scope of this particular issue did not meet that defined threshold; therefore, no Status Page alert was posted. However, we want to assure you this issue is a high priority and our team is actively working to implement a permanent fix as quickly as possible. In the interim, we are currently resolving the issue on a case-by-case basis to ensure this does not continue to impact your business. In this situation, our communication was lacking and an announcement in the Community should have been posted. Moving forward, we are taking this as a learning opportunity to become more transparent with our customers and ensure service issues that are potentially impactful to you are posted through various forms. 

Elliott, regarding the case handling issue, thank you for the very detailed write-up! The comprehensive series of events will help us identify gaps and improve that workflow in the future. In this specific situation, we were able to identify what went wrong. At the time the Customer Care case was converted to a Support case it did not get properly labeled as a P1. This prevented it from getting routed to the correct team to prioritize your issue in a timely manner. This is an unfortunate, yet rare error that caused confusion in the case submission and handling process and led to delayed responses. We want to assure you our team is taking the necessary actions to more quickly identify, prioritize, and resolve similar issues in the future.

Thank you for your understanding. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best regards, 

AnneMarie Covelli 

Adobe Customer Support

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Not sure if this is related, but none of our RCE reports are returning data - specifically "program membership analysis" where PROGRAM STATUS is one of the dimensions/filters.  PROGRAM STATUS has been deleted from the tree on the left:

pastedImage_1.png

Seikichi_Kuma
Level 1

We were having the same experience for 'Program Membership Analysis' type reports. However, PROGRAM STATUS is now available to us from the tree and we found a fix - by removing this filter from the report and adding it back in resolved the issue. 

AnneMarie_C
Marketo Employee

Dan Stevens.‌, Seikichi Kuma‌,

The issue you are experiencing is separate from the one identified in this post. We want to assure you that our team is aware of this issue as well and we are actively working on a patch to restore service as quickly as possible. 

I was able to identify that both of you already have a case open with Support. Moving forward, we will update you with the details and findings of the issue through that communication method. 

Best regards, 

AnneMarie Covelli 

Adobe Customer Support 

Tom_Moran
Level 1

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding Marketo Engage. I manage support for the Marketo product, and want to assure you that we are currently reviewing and taking action on the issues brought up within this thread.  If you have any additional concerns that are not part of this thread, please email directly at mailto:thmoran@adobe.com;acovelli@adobe.com and one of us will either answer your questions or connect you with the right point of contact to ensure we evaluate your feedback as part of this effort.  AnneMarie Covelli will provide a more detailed reply by Monday afternoon.

We appreciate your feedback, and your insight to help us improve.  We are 100% committed to providing you with a great experience, and just as committed to constantly improving that experience.

Best regards,

Thomas Moran

Adobe Customer Support