Not applicable

How can we use Append Data to a Field.

How can we use Append Data to a Field. @

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How can we use Append Data to a Field.

The new value consists of

• the existing value (using token syntax {{lead.Name of Your Field Here}}, which Marketo will replace with the current value)
  • whatever additional text you want to put before or after the existing value

What doesn't make sense? Have you tried it?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman

Use Change Data Value, include the current value as a token in the New Value box.

My Field  → {{lead.My Field}} new data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me to understand more clearly, have confusion that how it will work

SanfordWhiteman

The new value consists of

• the existing value (using token syntax {{lead.Name of Your Field Here}}, which Marketo will replace with the current value)
  • whatever additional text you want to put before or after the existing value

What doesn't make sense? Have you tried it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created a token in a program.

Than in smart campaign flow, changed its data value, but when i am preview my email its still showing default value, which i put in token at the creation time.

SanfordWhiteman

You can't change program-level {{my.tokens}} in flows... nor should you want to.

Please state what you're trying to do at a business level, as this conjectured technical implementation is impossible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your help, its done

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me to understand more clearly, have confusion that how it will work

Sydney_Frusteri
Level 2

I had this issue. I had a Marketing Comments field that would continually get overwritten and I wanted to maintain the historical data for our SFDC records. I also wanted to include the date of the new information. To solve this I created a second field and used a trigger flow step and global tokens.

Fields used:

Original field: Marketing Comments

New field: Form Field Marketing Comments.

Flow steps: If "Data value change" is (form field marketing comments) then update (Marketing comments) to: {{system.date}} {{Lead.Form Field Marketing Comments}} | {{Lead. Marketing Comments}}

What this does is it keeps the original data in the field Marketing Comments with the lead token {{lead.Marketing Comments}} and appends the new information in the field Form Field Marketing Comments via the lead token {{lead.Form Field Marketing Comments}}. An example of the format of the updated field would look like:

July 30, 2018 Requesting quote for ABC in quantity 123 | February 17, 2018 Please provide additional information for your widget | December 5, 2017 I would like to get lead time on item Y.

Does that make sense?

SanfordWhiteman

You'll find those history fields are easier to read if you use a line break token instead of a pipe.