SOLVED

How can I shorten unique links for a Zoom webinar?

Go to solution
Questions
Level 2

How can I shorten unique links for a Zoom webinar?

Hello all,

I was able to integrate Zoom with Marketo and scheduled a test webinar!

I used a token  {{member.webinar url}} to include a unique link to each person in a confirmation email, but the link shown in the email is too long and it bothers me. Is there an easy way to shorten the unique links? Or will trying to shorten the link create some problems?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How can I shorten unique links for a Zoom webinar?

Every {{member.webinar url}} is unique to the program + lead + webinar. So in order to shorten it — and I’m not recommending this, just mentioning that it’s possible — you’d need to pass every person’s value to a link shortener service via webhook.

This in turn means you lose the program-specific quality (since webhooks can’t update member fields, only flat fields directly on the lead). You’d have to use a field like Last Zoom Webinar URL which would be continuously overwritten. But more important, the “too long” Zoom links are super familiar to people these days, using a shortener just makes them seem more obscure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Every {{member.webinar url}} is unique to the program + lead + webinar. So in order to shorten it — and I’m not recommending this, just mentioning that it’s possible — you’d need to pass every person’s value to a link shortener service via webhook.

This in turn means you lose the program-specific quality (since webhooks can’t update member fields, only flat fields directly on the lead). You’d have to use a field like Last Zoom Webinar URL which would be continuously overwritten. But more important, the “too long” Zoom links are super familiar to people these days, using a shortener just makes them seem more obscure.

Questions
Level 2

Thank you!!!